Top 15 Things To See and Do in Nainital Uttarakhand
By [https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Satvik_Mittal/1728302]Satvik Mittal
Nainital is a Lake City and makes a favourite destination for couples and honeymooners. The emerald lake is beautifully surrounded by quaint old cottages and markets, green hills and picturesque places connected by a web of walking tracks. Nainital, Uttarakhand has numerous charms that include old temples, scenic views, heritage buildings and you can also enjoy sailing and boating. Here are some of the top things to do and see in Nainital.
- Enjoy the ropeway – The cable cars offer fun rides that give you a bird’s eye view of the hill station. They run from Mallital to Snow view through Naini Lake and beautiful hills.
- Visit Raj Bhawan – It is Nainital Governor’s House with a Buckingham Palace London feel to it. If you have a liking for museums, then the two-story mansion is definitely the place to visit.
- Visit the Gurney House – It is the house of Jim Corbett a wildlife conservationist converted into a museum and making a delightful sight. You will also love the views from here.
- Eat at Chandani Chowk – The interior and architecture of the fascinating restaurants are Chandani Chowk inspired attracting tourists who wish to savour Delhi tastes on Nainital budgets.
- Try rock climbing – The rock climbing spot in Nainital is Barah Patthar but you need to take a 7-day course to learn bouldering, scrambling, river crossing, climbing and abseiling; definitely something for the adventurous.
- Visit St. John’s Church – It is among the must-visit places in the city. It is a gothic-style church dating back to 1844. It is a haven of beauty and peace; you can take beautiful pictures here.
- Experience beautiful sunsets at Hanuman Garhi – The temple gives you a chance to experience divinity and from here you can enjoy enchanting romantic sunsets.
- Visit Naina Devi – Another temple worth visiting to refresh and soak in divinity. It is a dedication to goddess Naina Devi.
- Visit Corbett National Park – It is India’s biggest tiger reserve. You can enjoy watching the animals or taking a safari that lingers like a beautiful memory of Nainital.
- Shop at the Tibetan Market – It is one of the most amazing things you can do for your souvenirs. There are lots of artefacts to choose from made by locals like Tibetan bags, ethnic dresses, shawls, scarves and other accessories.
- Attend Sharadutsay – It is a five-day culture fest to welcome fall season and offers the chance to know Nainital better. Folk dances, music and boat races are the major highlights of the fest.
- View Himalayan from Tiffin top – There is no better way of enjoying the Himalayan range than from Tiffin top.
- Collect candles – The Mall Road is the place to be for the amazing candles in all patterns and designs. The locals are great in candle making and you can get different sizes and shapes for your home d�cor.
- Visit Pangit and Kilbury Bird Sanctuary – The place for bird watchers and you also get a chance to witness some rare animal species too.
- Take a lake tour – There is nothing like enjoying scenic boating on the lakes.
With so much to do and see in Nainital, you will need a good place for your accommodation. [https://www.travelguru.com/hotels/hotels-in-nainital]Hotels in Nainital and especially [https://www.travelguru.com/hotels/hotels-at-mall-road-in-nainital]hotels on Mall Road in Nainital have everything you could need on a holiday.
Article Source: [http://EzineArticles.com/?Top-15-Things-To-See-and-Do-in-Nainital-Uttarakhand&id=9632316] Top 15 Things To See and Do in Nainital Uttarakhand